Saturday, December 24, 2011

Silent night


As I’m writing this, I’m sitting in the glow of the Christmas tree, enjoying the silence. All the kids have been tucked into bed, and are no doubt now dreaming about tomorrow morning. I’m sure I will be woken quite early by the excited squeals of my sibilings, but for now, I am delighted by the peace of the moment.


The presents are wrapped and under the tree.


The littles have lovingly laid out cookies and a glass of milk for Santa.


It is Christmas Eve, the most magical night of the year. But the gifts and sweets are not what makes tonight so enchanting for me. The real beauty of Christmas is the birth of my Lord.
If you listen, you can almost hear it; the waiting. Tonight is the night that the world is filled with a quiet anticipation; the night that joyfully proclaims the coming of my Savior.
And that, is what makes tonight so magnificent.
Merry Christmas,
~ Abby

No comments: