Tuesday, January 7, 2014

warning: 3 am ramblings of a senioritis plagued adolescent ahead


I can't wait to be finished with school. I am so ready to move beyond memorizing equations and Spanish verb conjugations. 

When I look at things happening around the world {see labor camps in North Korea, the conflict minerals crisis in the Congo, etc.} my heart literally aches. I want it all to change. 

The tragedies that these people are facing all over the world -- on a daily basis no less -- are heartbreaking and sobering. All of that makes high school seem very superficial and insignificant, you know? 

But honestly, I'm not even 100% sure what I want to do yet, post graduation. {Though I do know that it includes many years of further education.} I have yet to encounter a degree that adequately prepares you for a future career in politics, disease eradicating, and warlord destroying. At least not one that can be neatly packaged in a four to eight year career plan. 

Prayers for my future advisers would be appreciated. Because the closer and closer I get to actually beginning college, the more and more it looks like I actually want to be Ironman. 



Sounds about right. But don't forget the part about warlord destroying, Tony. 

~ Abby

p.s. I mostly wrote this post because I made my housing deposit today, and requested my roommate for the 2014-2015 school year. So I am more than a bit excited. Just in case you were wondering. 

p.p.s. You also might want to pray for said future roommate. I have a feeling that negotiating closet space rights with her might become somewhat of an issue, what with all of my fancy mechanical suits and whatnot. 

4 comments:

Madeline Elizabeth said...

Hey I'll be praying for you! :)

Leah E. said...

I'll be praying for you too. Keep seeking God, and I know He will lead you down the path He has set for you. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! And just rest in God's peace and remember He is always with you. He knows what He's doing even if it's confusing to us. <3