Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014


Dear 2013,

You are my favorite year so far.  You brought about new friendships and ushered in many opportunities.  You were like a huge awkward roller coaster full of character development and caffeine binges. 

Sweet 2013, you taught me that true friends are always there for each other, no matter the circumstance.  You also showed me that being there for people -- even when they don't think that they need anyone -- is heartbreaking.

2013, you were full of experiences, and I am thankful for each and every one of them.  Black eyes, first kisses, and new jobs alike. 

Dearest 2013, you made me more spontaneous, and more light hearted.  You some how transformed me into some strange girl that randomly buys pet budgies, chops off more than a foot of hair at once, and wears red lipstick.  I am somehow very okay with this. 

Finally 2013, you showed me that flaws are things that are to be embraced, not conquered -- both in myself and other people.  

Thank you for being such a worthwhile year.  I am now ready to begin dating all of my papers like this: 

oh look i used paint! i am artist! 

And to dear 2014: 

come at me bro. 

~ Abby



2 comments:

Leah E. said...

Hehe. This was awesome of course. I haven't seen you since last year. It's been too long. Can't wait to see you soon, hopefully. ;)

Jana said...

Abby, can you believe we graduate this year?! If that isn't something to be excited about, Idk what is ;)

It feels like forever since I've been on blogger, so I loved revisiting your blog. :)