Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oh the memories

I apologize if this post gets a little rambly. I actually had intended to write this post on NaNoWriMo, (which is not currently going well for me), or something similar. But all my plans changed while I was strolling down one of the aisle at my local Wally World yesterday night. (Wally World, by the way, can be quite an entertaining place after 9 o'clock on a Tuesday night. But thats a separate post all together).

The reason for my change of heart?

These:


These were a source of great happiness in my early childhood. You say that money can't buy happiness? Well I beg to differ. Money can buy mini m&m's, and thats pretty much the same thing, right? :P

I saw these, and a wave of nostalgia hit me. I dished out the dollar for them, and am currently 'saving' them. Yes, I am a chocolate hoarder.

Now, on with the story!
You see, on my birthday, my grandparents would take me to this place:


Toys "R" Us: The proverbial heaven on earth for any kid under the age of 12.

My wonderful MiMi and Pops would take me in and let me choose any toy I liked, within reason. (No, I don't actually call them MiMi and Pops, but I think those are like, the ultimate names for grandma and grandpa... But I'm going off topic).

Anyway, we would always get to the check out lane, and there they would be. The mini m&m's. Being generous, wonderful people, they would buy me a packet. I would then proceed to eat them one by one, letting them melt on my tongue, swearing that the blue ones tasted the best.

Whats a favorite childhood memory of yours? And which color of m&m do you like the best? :D

~ Abby


3 comments:

Jana said...

One of mine also involves m&ms! My dad would get us m&ms on Saturdays sometimes and once we ate a pack while I walked beside him while he mowed. Oh and he was holding my hand too.

Blue is da bomb! And I agree, they did taste better :)
I love this post!!

kwinn said...

Nothing can taste better than purple m&ms! Sorry but I really like purple.

KWINN

Abby said...

Awww, thats a sweet memory. :)

Yes, they totally do!

Why thank you. :)