Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

Thanksgiving break is officially over, which has forced me to return to the reality of school. But I'm actually kind of excited, I feel like break has refreshed me, and I feel prepared to tackle my huge hill of homework. I've missed getting to see friends at classes, and being busy. I'm even, drumroll please, looking forward to chemistry class tomorrow! *cue gasps and dramatic music*

I've made a short list of things I'd like to accomplish before Christmas break. I decided to post them to help keep me motivated; at Christmas break I'll probably go back and see what I have (and haven't) gotten done... Hopefully it won't be too depressing.

Now, on with the list!

Kick My Annoying Habit of Procrastination

Hello, my name is Abby, and I've been a procrastinator for the past 16 years. When I'm assigned something in one of my classes, I tend to have a lot of enthusiasm for it at first. But then the procrastination monster comes out, and I put it off. Then it doesn't get done until 3 am the morning of class, and I end up looking like this:



Keep Up With My 52 Photography Project

Ehh, I think I'm only about 4 weeks behind... No big deal, right? WRONG. The reason I'm doing this is to help me warm up for the 365 Photography Project, which I'm planning on starting in January... But if I can't keep up with one measly picture a week, then I definitely won't be able to take one picture a day.


Write at Least 15,000 for My NaNo Novel

I don't think that I've shared this on my blog, but I am writing a book. And I was participating in National Novel Writing Month. (Was being the operative word). But with my crazy schedule, I only actually wrote 3,000 words. I know, pathetic. However, I will say that I am very pleased with how its going so far; I have strong plot and good characters, so it'll go well if I just STICK WITH IT.




Be a Better Blogger

This is pretty much self explanatory. I feel like most of my posts as of late haven't really had any real point... So here's to writing more meaningful or at least more entertaining posts! *raises glass and cheers*


Anything you are wanting to accomplish before Christmas break?

~ Abby



No comments: