Wednesday, January 30, 2013

things i just really loved about january


1) At the beginning of the month, I began taking an entry level college course with a few friends of mine. It's nothing particularly special, just a history class that meets once a week. It's quite a bit of reading at times, but I love it -- the material is much more interesting than an average high school class. Plus, it's fun to just walk around the campus, sip coffee, and think about when I'll be a traditional student. :) 

2) London Fog tea. The university that I'm taking the history class at has this awesome coffee shop, and this is the best thing of their's that I have tried so far. It tastes like a liquid cinnamon roll, and basically puts Starbucks to shame. 

3) Dance, specifically jazz and lyrical. We started some new routines this week, and I freaking love them! It makes me super excited to hopefully study dance at a higher level in the future. 

4) The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Enough said. 



5) Books. I've been trying to make more time to read lately, and I've discovered some pretty fantastic books, including Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Also, I read Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (And Other Thankful Stuff) by Barbara Park to my little sister, and I think that I enjoyed it more than she did. *ahem*  I also think that Barbara Park is to elementary school as John Green is to high school. 

6) Scarves. I was never a big scarf person before, but I really like them now. {Curse you Wanelo! :P} 


And speaking of wanelo, I will be hopefully purchasing this shirt. Only I currently have very little money, so that's problematic. Do you think I could pay the seller in bicuits?


Now, to find dear Nick.

~ Abby

1 comment:

Madeline Elizabeth said...

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries are brilliant, that shirt is epic,(I want one to :) and we should get together soon!