Friday, November 23, 2012

of thanksgiving, thanks, and other thankful stuff

The view from my bedroom window, on a misty November morning. 

I am thankful that I had a whole week off of school. My brain was becoming a swirling vortex of equations, anatomy definitions, and Spanish verbs.

I'm thankful for my Grandma and my Aunts. I'm also thankful for our traditional night-before-Thanksgiving shopping trip. {Black Friday shopping is just too mainstream.}

I'm thankful for my extended family; especially for all of my epic cousins. Even though we're all in our late teens, we still play hide and go seek and watch Christmas movies together. {Growing up is also just too mainstream. ;)}

I am thankful for my brother, who watched movies, played minecraft, and drank alarmingly large amounts of hot chocolate with me while I was sick.  He also sat on the couch with me for two days while I coughed my head off. Yeah, he's pretty much the best brother ever. :) 

I am thankful for college basketball games and dance offs with friends. 

I am thankful for late nights and green pants. 

I am thankful for this post, and this verse. 

I am thankful for music -- mainly Ed Sheeran. 

I am thankful for lunch and movie dates. 

I am thankful for tea.

I am thankful. 

~ Abby


3 comments:

Gina said...

This is the view from your bedroom window? Wow :) I love ed sheeran too!!

Abby said...

Yes it is! At least when the corn is harvested. :) Me too... He's amazing.

Simply_Katie said...

I adore his song "Give me Love" and also "U.N.I" He's a brilliant lyricist!! Also, lovely photo!