Tuesday, November 20, 2012

of the future


Lately I've been really, really excited for the future. Mainly for college. 

I have a little more than 3 more semesters to complete before I finish high school. And then I'll be D.O.N.E. *squeals and does a happy dance*

Now don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed high school. I love my friends. I like doing silly, somewhat immature things with them, and I enjoy being young with them. (I hope that makes sense.) But at the same time, I cannot wait for the future. I keep flyers and brochures from my two favorite colleges with my schoolbooks, because looking at them helps keep me motivated. I walk around campuses in awe of the beautiful buildings; picturing myself studying for some test in an obscure corner, or cramming for an exam in a library. It's kind of silly, I know. But I'm indescribably excited to study what I love; to meet new people and start a 'new' life.

But at the same time, I'm cherishing the place I'm at right now. I don't have to worry about bills or loans. I don't have to think about where my next meal is going to come from. I can spend my evening with my nose in a book, or count the constellations with a friend on a rooftop. I am relatively free -- even if it doesn't feel like it a times -- and I am grateful for that.

But I am still so very excited for the future. 

What are your dreams? 

~ Abby



No comments: