Friday, March 2, 2012

and the rain fell


"Life is hard, but so very beautiful."
- Unknown

That quote has really resonated with me lately. I have a couple of different friends that have been going through some rough times, and I have honestly felt at a loss of how to help, how to be there for them. In addition, I have also been struggling with several things, and have really just felt empty.

I mean, I've just been rather depressed. It's hard to see your friends hurting, and not knowing what you should say -- not knowing what words will bring them healing. It's even harder when you're hurting yourself, and then you ache for them on top of that.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Over the past few days, that verse has brought me comfort beyond words. Knowing that I can trust in His infinite wisdom has brought me immeasurable peace. I know that if I keep trusting in Him, things will all turn out, and healing will come.

"So baby hold on, just another day or two. I can see the clouds are moving faster now, and the sun is breaking through."
- "Hold On" by TobyMac

This is an amazing, amazing song. This particular verse kind of spoke to me last night, reminding me that no matter how hard the rain falls, the sun will always eventually break through.

All of those words have been so comforting to me. But I feel as if I should stop rambling now. :)

~ Abby



2 comments:

Jana said...

so encouraging <3
and btw: love your new header and design!

Abby said...

Thank you Jana :)