Wednesday, October 24, 2012

a great perhaps



From my Instagram
 
 
I've lived in the same small town since I was seven years old.
 
Yes, my friends have compared it to Mayberry.
 
We have a post office, a {very} small library, a coffee shop, and a family market.
 
In my town, kids hang out at the ball diamond, or at the ice cream shoppe. About 99% of the teenagers play either softball, or baseball.
 
Everyone knows everyone and their grandpa's cousin's sister's daughter's dog.
 
Sometimes I like living here, and other times I don't. I like that I can walk anywhere that I wish, safely. I like knowing most of the kids in town, even though I don't go to school with them.
 
But sometimes, I feel kind of stuck.
 
Now don't get me wrong, the country/small communities are amazing. But going somewhere where nobody knows you -- or your past -- just holds a certain allure, doesn't it?
 
One day, I am going to travel the world. I want to go to London, Israel, Italy, and Africa. I want to sip coffee in a French cafe, and work at an orphanage in China. I want to see the beautiful earth that God has created, and experience its wonders for myself. I want to seek A Great Perhaps.
 
But for now, I'll settle for a week in Kansas.
 
Bon voyage,
 
~ Abby
 
 
 
 














                       


 
 



1 comment:

Simply_Katie said...

Are you reading "Looking For Alaska"? ;)