Saturday, August 11, 2012

where did summer go?

Warning: This post contains grainy pictures, and incomplete thoughts. Reader discretion is advised.
















:hanging out with dear, dear friends::state fair and all of it's craziness (second in the state baby!)::frappe break during photography judging with some amazing girls::Kevin the Lemon, the employee of the month at the junior leader's stand, and consequently, the real star of the 4-H fair::sno cone runs with friends::new hair, because sometimes you just need a change::shopping with little sisters::new soccer cleats::

Where has this summer gone? Seriously. I start school in nine days, and it's almost surreal. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely looking forward to the new school year, but I'm not quite ready to let go of this summer.

But on the other hand, I am SO excited for fall. For one thing, dance starts back up again. Oh my goodness, I have missed it so incredibly much. In fact, I'm so excited that I may spontaneously combust the moment I walk through the studio doors. But I digress.

And I guess summer isn't completely over yet; there are still sleepovers to be had, and King's Island passes to be used. Still, August is passing quickly, and it's taking the last few freedom - filled days with it.

How's your summer been?

~ Abby


3 comments:

Simply_Katie said...

Yes. To all of this. Just Yes. :)

Unknown said...

Ahh Kevin the highlight of fair by far! More fruit people next year? Thank you for your awesome help this year in the food stand! :)

Leah E. said...

Wow. It's so crazy that summer is pretty much over. And now we're about to head into fall. :) And now we're in September! I can't wait for fall though! Summer has been great, and I love that picture of all of us! Ahh, that was such a awesome day, (and those frappes were so good too.) I'm sorry I'm just now commenting, I so behind on doing this..

<3