Wednesday, May 9, 2012

of summer

image courtesy of weheart it
I cannot wait for this summer.

I'm ready to exchange my well-worn jeans and chucks for shorts and flip flops. I long to be able to drive down the road with the windows rolled down and my sunglasses on, all the while singing along to my favorite songs. I'm duly prepared to spend my days reading, sipping lemonade, and soaking up the sunshine. {It will be such a difficult existence. ;)} 

And now, the end is in sight. I take my last two finals this week, {history and chemistry,} and then I shall be free. *Cue the hallelujah chorus*  :D

I have decided that this summer, I will enjoy every single moment; everything from those silly yet perfect moments with friends, to The-Week-of-No-Sleep. {a.k.a 4-H judging week.} At the beginning of this upcoming school year, I want to look back on this summer and be able to say that I made every moment count. I want to be able to say that I didn't let new experiences and opportunities pass me by, that I took a few chances and cherished every single God-given moment -- even the ones that might not exactly have been pleasant. I want to live life passionately.

So if things get a bit quiet around here at times, please understand it's because I am out enjoying this wonderful, beautiful life.

~ Abby

2 comments:

Simply_Katie said...

Reminds me of something an old lady told me once. ;)
Since you and I both are committed to not wasting time this summer, Let's get together! You Jana and I should have a sleepover where we watch good 80's romance movies and eat our weight in ice cream! :D

Abby said...

Katie, that sounds great! Let's do it. :)