Friday, February 17, 2012

Those days

Occasionally, we have the glorious chance to experience "one of those days."

You know what I'm talking about. The kind of day were everything is wonderous and enchanting. The kind of day when you feel like you could burst from the sheer amazement of being alive.

Today was one of those days for me.

Every Friday, I attend a homeschool co-op. {For those of you who don't know, co-ops are kind of like schools for homeschoolers.} Anyway, I hadn't slept at all the night before, due to the fact that I was frantically trying to throw a history project together. My first two classes, U.S. History and Criminal Justice, absolutely crawled along. I think those were some of the longest hours I have ever endured in all of my vastly experienced sixteen years of living. However, one of my good friends {who is a genius,} had an excellent solution to our exhaustion: convince one of the senior boys to take us to McDonald's for some serious rejuvenation. {a.k.a a carmel frappe run.}


So in between classes, we went and got us some carmel frappes.

Pure. Heaven.

All of the sudden, the world became bright and beautiful. My friend Jana, {the said genius,} and I grabbed our camera's and hiked out to the woods behind our co-op building. We took pictures, danced around, took pictures, and took more pictures. It was the most lovilest time I'd had all week; I am so very blessed to have her as a friend.

And just in case you're curious to see what happens when the two of us are caffinated and armed with cameras:



xoxo,

~ Abby

4 comments:

Jana said...

I love my life <3
and the people in it :)
and photos.
and frappes.

Oh, and I love the use of 'enchanting.' I did indeed smile like a fool ;)

and that video... :)))

Abby said...

Yes, today really was lovely. :) How could it not be since we are such awesome people? (And so modest.)

Mission accomplished. :)

Madeline Elizabeth said...

I love those kinds of days! The video is great...really funny! = )

Abby said...

Thanks! We had a lot of fun filming it. :)