Saturday, June 15, 2013

summer rambliness + picture things

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
― F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Great Gatsby

This summer, thus far, has been spectacular. 

I actually managed to secure a job, and test into a college level math class.  It's weird, getting up and working eight hours a day/attending night classes twice a week has been exhausting, but it's taught me to value free time.  Also, coupons for free gas/food.  Also, anything free in general.

But in between all of that has been great.  Vacation happened, as well as my studio's summer showcase.  Movie premieres, coffee dates, and sleepovers have occurred.  And I've basically lived in cutoffs/sundresses when I'm not working. 

And on a side note, my family managed to order almost $40 worth of food at Taco Bell last Sunday.  I didn't even know that was humanly possible.  #ipromisewerenotobese #bigfamilyprobs #WHATDIDWEORDER

photographic proof. it really happened people. srsly. 

On a completely unrelated note, I finally edited all of the pictures I took during vacation.  It took me about three weeks, but hey; it's the journey, not the destination.  {Or something philosophical like that.} 

Note: I am not a photographer, nor do I think I am. I just like shooting things with my cannon. *ba dum tshh*











Anywho, if things get quiet around here this summer, it's because I'm out doing things. Like reading. And sleeping. And hopefully getting a tan. {Hey, a girl can always dream.} 

~ Abby
    

6 comments:

Victoria Horea said...

I'm glad your summer is going well!
I love these photos. You are a great photographer. :) I recently finished reading This Side of Paradise. I just love anything by F. Scotty. I also love that quote. hehe

Anna said...

Wow. Just stumbled across your blog. The pictures are so nice :)

Anna x

Madeline Elizabeth said...

It sounds like your already having an amazing summer' your pictures are amazing! I love the one of the kids sitting surrounded by books and you reading on the beach! :)

Abby said...

Thanks everyone! :)

And Maddie, I'm glad that you and Jordan recommended This Side of Paradise to me! I really enjoyed it. (And A Walk to Remember is also spectacular thus far... I'll get it back to you as soon as I finish.)

Leah E. said...

Sounds like a great summer so far. You got so many good pictures too! Also, that quote was really good.
Haha. I know, I need to read The Great Gatsby. Ahh. IKR? A Walk to Remember is so good! I'm glad you like it.

I hope we can get together soon. :)

Antonia said...

You might not think that you're a photographer, but these pictures are gorgeous.

http://anaruizwriting.blogspot.com