Thursday, May 9, 2013

books on books on books



I think I may have a problem.

I currently have ten books checked out at the library, and three on hold. That doesn't count the books I bought a couple of weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. Yeah, it's pretty bad. #imabookwormandiknowit

I think the reason for my book bingeing is the overall lack of literary stimulation I experienced throughout the school year. {dance + church + soccer + moutains of homework = no time for reading.} But now that I've had to spend less time memorizing Spanish verb conjugations and equations, I've had more time to indulge in a little fiction here, a little non fiction there.

But when your librarian knows what car you drive, you know you might have an issue.

My life accurately depicted in a meme. Also, double points for the HP glasses and scarf

What have you been reading lately? 

~ Abby



6 comments:

marcia said...

Totally agree. My reading life is one hold at the moment because I've been trying to finish school, but as soon as I'm out for the summer, I'm going to check out 20 books and hide for a week. ;)

ThePixie said...

That meme is fantastic! I haven't been reading much for fun lately. Lots of textbooks and such, but I still enjoy those (believe it or not). Really looking forward to getting some fiction in soon.

Hannah Mary said...

I have the same problem - too many books is a good problem to have, though :D

What am I reading? Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. It's awesome so far.

Loving that meme.

Abby said...

Marcia -- That's the way to go. :) Good luck with the rest of your school year!

Pixie -- Hey, textbooks can be pretty sweet. I still have my psychology book from a year and a half ago... It was too interesting to get rid of. :)

Hannah -- That's very true! It's probably one of the best possible problems to have. And I looove Artemis Fowl -- Eoin Colfer is an amazing fantasy writer.

Victoria Horea said...

I think we are bookmates.
Seriously though, I love, love books.
I've been some Sherlock Holmes and I just finished This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
I've been wanting to read Will Grayson Will Grayson. You should let me know how it is.;) I love John Green.

Newest follower.
I absolutely love your blog name.

Abby said...

Victoria, I actually started This Side of Paradise earlier today! I love, love, love Fitzgerald -- he's definitely one of my favorites. And Will Grayson Will Grayson is very... Enlightening. It might be pretty controversial for a lot of people, but it helped me to understand people more (even if I don't necessarily agree with them.)

Thanks! I am flattered. :)